The Daiwa Sensor Sandstorm 15’0″ 10-20kg 3 Piece Surf Rod is an ultra light weight surf rod, fitted with quality Fuji Components on a super light weight blank. Lightweight surf rods have always been relegated to the higher end of market, but the introduction of the Sensor Sandstorm changes all that. The Sensor Sandstorm surf rod series are designed as a great all-round surf rod series, perfect for fishing from rocky shores, beaches or piers with lures or bait. Performance starts with a great blank and the Sensor Sandstorm series is true to that philosophy, featuring many of Daiwa’s newest design and blank technologies to create a range that is equally refined, rugged and robust. Built using Daiwa’s unique HVF (high volume fibre) carbon blank technology. This low resin, high strength, graphite blank is light, powerful and responsive, its regular action distributes the power evenly along the blank effortless casting and fish fighting power. Adding to HVF is X45, this innovation delivers ultimate strength, power, and weightlessness, resulting in an ultra slim blank that eliminates blank twist and massively increases torque, and blank recoil. By using this design the blank returns to its straight form quickly, inturn delivering faster acceleration, and longer more responsive casting. By combining HVF “High Volume Fibre” carbon with X45 construction we have created a powerful lightweight blank with more responsiveness and sensitivity than ever before. Comfort and control go hand in hand with low profile EVA grips fitting comfortably and effortlessly in the hand allowing you to reap the full benefits and power of the Sensor Wave’s performance driven blanks. A super light and strong Daiwa Seabass reel seat connects rod and reel with unflinching strength, and features stainless components for optimum corrosion resistance. The trend for quality components continues with Fuji M style O guides delivering tangle free angling and hassle free days on the water. These are lighter and stronger compared to ordinary guides
- X45® Carbon Fibre – Special carbon fibre material for the improvement of the torsion-resistance. Conventional carbon fibres are always layered in a 90° angle – the new X45 material features a 45° angle and is combined with 0° and 90° layered carbon fibres. This construction makes the rods stronger and more distortion-proof. Despite the increased distortion-proofness the flexibility is maintained. This implies that X45 rods are not only stronger and cast more precisely, but also support the angler at the presentation of delicate lures and at ending the fight with the fish safely. X45 offers the perfect balance of strength, control and elasticity.
- High Volume Fibre (HVF®) Carbon Fibre Technology – In contrast to normal carbon fibre rods with high resin content in the space between the carbon fibres DAIWA HVF (High Volume Fibre) rods are made of a carbon fibre compound with less resin, called HVF. Since resin has a high weight, rods made of HVF are more condensed, more light weight and feature a faster action.
- V-Joint® Connection – Special spigot joint – the spigot and the blank around the spigot are made of a special, exclusively for DAIWA made BIAS carbon fibre material.The carbon fibres follow a 45-degree angle, resulting in a smaller carbon fibre demand. The consequence is a slimmer joint and a perfect bending curve.
- Fuji O Ring Guides – Quality Fuji guides suitable for use with braided or nylon lines
- Fuji Graphite reel seat with black reinforcing hoods
- X Wrap shrink wrap butt grip
- Eva Butt Cap
- Textured grip on tip section to aid with pulling the rod sections apart
- X Tube blank protection prevents scratching and wear
Guides: 7 + 1 Tip
Cast Weight: 90-180g
Construction: 3 Piece
Recommended Line Class: 10-20kg
Suited Reels: Emcast, Crosscast, Wind Cast, Shore Cast
Fishing Style: Surf