Design, drive, drag and durability
A special edition of the Makaira that features a gunmetal finish, the Okuma Makaira 30 SEa 2-Speed Drag Reel is designed for a variety of saltwater game fish. It’s smooth as it is sleek with its Carbonite Dual Force drag system and its helical cut gears. It also features a new oversized handle and lower low speed gearing. The SEa is ideal if you want your gear to stand up to the most intense use. The new Makaira SEa features a carbon Dual Force Drag system for exceptional drag performance, high drag capacity, and durability. This new reel sets a standard that will advance the ability and redefine the expectations of tournament crews, long-range anglers and private boaters.
Dual Force Drag DFD
Incorporates both surfaces of the spool to maximise high-end drag pressure, efficiency and overall smoothness. Mounted in the top of the spool and protected by the Hydro Block system is a multi-disc felt drag system that works in conjunction with a secondary drag system that is mounted under the spool. Even pressure is applied to both surfaces of the spool for maximum stability.
Okuma’s all-new “Carbonite” drag system features a newly-developed carbon-based drag material which displaces heat and friction consistently and steadily even under the harshest of fishing conditions. Used in conjunction with a small amount of specially-formulated Okuma drag grease, the Carbonite drag system allows for a much wider and smoother drag range, all while maintaining exceptional performance and pure fish-stopping power.
Machined Rigid Frame
Okuma’s Machined Rigid Frame construction incorporates a one-piece fully-machined aluminium frame. These rigid bar-stock aluminium frames are the ultimate in precision alignment and tolerances withstanding more pressure and torque than any other material used in our industry for frame materials. Okuma features these anodised frames on fly reels, baitcast reels, lever drag reels and star drag trolling reels.
Okuma’s 2-speed technology incorporates two sets of stainless steel main and pinion gears, allowing anglers the option of a high-speed gear ratio or a powerful low-speed gear ratio for maximum power and torque. To shift gears it is as easy as pushing a button or popping a lever with Okuma’s unique shifting design to obtain the appropriate gear ratio you desire.
T-Bar Handle: The patented design of the T-Bar handle offers a true ergonomically correct angle to ensure an angler gets maximum power with minimum fatigue. The T-bar takes full advantage of the natural dynamics of the human hand, wrist and forearm to help sustain power and endurance for the angler.
Okuma Makaira 30 SEa 2-Speed Drag Reel Features:
- Features Special Edition Gun Smoke and Black anodising
- Open spool bearings with TSI-301 oil, increases freespool 2-1/2 times
- Yellowfin tuna etched into the side plate.
- Frames have been machined out for increased clearance between spool and cross bars
- MK-50 handle arm and knobs
- New lower speed 1.3:1 gear ratio featured in 20/30 sizes.
- 6061-T6 Machined aluminium frame with forged side plates
- 17-4 stainless steel gearing
- Helical cut gears for increased torque, smoothness and improved gear meshing
- Two-speed gearing systems
- Cold forged, Type-II anodised, machined aluminum spool
- CRC: Corrosion-Resistant Coating process
- Patented spool pin system for use with braided or mono lines
- Carbonite Dual Force Drag system featuring Cal’s universal drag grease
- Custom designed thrust bearing: Alleviates side load on heavy drag settings
- 4-pcs ABEC-5 precision Sapporo stainless steel ball bearings
- Double dog, proprietary silent anti-reverse system
- Ratcheting drag lever and drag cam for precise drag setting
- Patented T-Bar handle with Easy Roll graphite insert on all models
- Heavy duty stainless steel ratcheting clicker system
- Heavy duty, 17-4 grade stainless steel drive and spool shafts
- Type-II gunmetal anodised frame, side plates, spool, drag lever and handle
- Machined thumb rest on rear cross bar for improved ergonomics
- Forged aluminium, full hard anodised reel foot and reel clamp
- Precision placement of drain holes maximises water removal from reel
- Special screw ports around side plate screws reduces water/corrosion buildup
Okuma Makaira 30 SEa 2-Speed Drag Reel Specifications:
- Model: 30 SEa
- Line capacity (yds/lb): 850/30, 700/40, 550/50
- Line retrieve: 39.4″ (High), 17.5″ (Low)
- Gear Ratio: 3.8:1 (High), 1.3:1 (Low)
- Bearings: 4BB + 1TB
- Max drag (full): 55lb
- Max drag (strike): 37lb
- Weight: 50oz