The Shimano Tranx 400A Baitcaster Reel is the next level in saltwater-proofed baitcaster reels. It features the CoreProtect Concept, which means the Tranx range has greatly improved water resistance while still maintaining a “free” feel when winding. This reel is ideally suited to most baitcasting applications, like soft-baiting, light jigging and casting small and medium-sized Shimano stick-baits. The Shimano Tranx baitcaster reels are ergonomic in the hand, pack more than enough drag, are built sold and have set the bar in the field of water resistance.
By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with Shimano’s S-ARB bearings and integrating a bigger drive gear, this reel has increased gearing efficiency and power. You get a fishing reel with ultra-light handle rotation, needing less effort and power, which results in perfect rotation even under heavy loads.
HAGANE Body means this reel has a high rigidity and zero twist. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the anglers actions directly into cranking power. It’s efficiency through strength.
For a baitcaster reel that holds its own in the water, definitely try out the Shimano Tranx 400A Baitcaster Reel!
Shimano Tranx 400A Baitcaster Reel Features:
- Features CoreProtect Concept: greatly improved water resistance while maintaining “free” feel when winding
- Ergonomic in the hand, packs more than enough drag and solidly built
- Ideally suited to most baitcasting applications like soft-baiting, light jigging and casting stick-baits
- Ultra-light handle rotation needs less effort, giving a perfect rotation even under heavy loads
- Hagane Body: this reel has a high rigidity and zero twist
- Body stiffness and impact resistance eliminate body flexing
- Angler’s actions translate directly into cranking power
Shimano Tranx 400A Baitcaster Reel Specifications:
- Model: Tranx 400A
- Retrieve per crank: 30in
- Bearing: 5+1
- Max Drag: 22lbs
- Drag Type: Star Drag
- Weight: 12oz
- Mono Line Capacity: 12/330, 14/260, 20/160
- Powerpro Cap: 50/275, 65/170, 80/140
- Gear Ratio: 5:8:1