FULL MARINE WORKSHOP AUCKLAND
Fish City Albany has a full marine workshop. We’re out there on the water ourselves and know how to set your boat up and make it safe.
Go to our Workshop page for more details & book your boat service online
Fish City Albany is a Mercury, Mercruiser Authorised dealer, our technicians specialise in servicing all major brands including Yamaha, Honda, Evinrude, Suzuki, and Johnson.
(we are also Sensa-Brake authorised)
- Engine & Boat Repairs, Rebuilds & Maintenance.
- Installing the latest gear, from Outboards to Electronics and Chandlery.
- We Service and Rig all major brands of Outboards and Inboards
- Service reminders, don’t get caught out again!
Fish City Albany holds a considerable amount of parts in stock and if needed will order in any parts for your boat or motor.
Tip: Preventative maintenance on your engine, hull or trailer is important and can save you in the long run, especially when storing your boat over long periods.
Ph: 09 476 4282
Maintenance Tips & Advice
Outboards & Sterndrives
- Always flush your engine with fresh water after use.
- Make use of Saltaway to keep your engine water galleries clear.
- Use Quicksilver Corrosion Guard, Inox or a comparable product to keep the externals of your engine clean and clear of salt build-up.
- Fuel Stabilisers are a good idea as modern fuel contains alcohol which will attract moisture, leaving water in your fuel tank.
This is the worst outcome for any engine, potentially causing a multitude of expensive damages.
- Water separating fuel filters will assist in removing water from the fuel, they are easily fitted to most boats and provide an inexpensive remedy.
- Storage Seal spray will protect the engine internally when left for long periods.
- Grease points, but DON’T use automotive grease, use good quality marine grease.
- Batteries should be charged before and during storage to keep them in good condition.
- Regular servicing of your engine every 12 months or 100 hours will make it more reliable and keep you and your family safe.
- Always adhere to the Manufacturer’s Warranty conditions.
- Steering systems are an important part of the engine-servicing schedule and should be checked annually by an authorised or qualified marine dealer for safety reasons.
- Flush your trailer after use with Saltaway.
- Grease Wheel Bearings regularly, for best results fit Bearing Buddies
- Fish City Albany are Sensabrake agents for North Island.
- Beware of sinkers or hooks etc under-floor. Dissimilar metals cause corrosion to the hull, creating holes from the inside out.
- Remove carpets so they can dry out, fill the boat up to floor level with fresh water regularly and allow to drain and dry.
- Change the lubricant in your engine transmission or the outboard lower unit
- Apply fogging if called for by manufacturer
- Drain the boat’s fuel tanks as much as possible
- Fill the boat’s fuel tanks completely full
- Add biocide and/or stabilizing agents to fuel
- Change the fuel filters
- Add antifreeze to the engine’s cooling system
- Add distilled water to batteries, charge completely and disconnect
- Always Charge batteries to capacity