Quicksilver Corrosion Guard is a rust inhibitor that forms a water resistant barrier on non-painted and painted surfaces. Use to prevent rust from forming on outdrives, lower units, and power trim motors and components or other metal surfaces. Can also be used to prevent further paint damage in areas where undercutting and blistering have occurred.
- 11 oz. spray can
- Absorbs moisture and airborne chemicals to protect against rust and corrosion
- Forms a water-resistant barrier for added protection
- Remains clear and doesn’t peel
- Safe for all painted surfaces
Do not spray on surfaces coated with antifouling or biocide paint. Do not spray on drive belts.
How to Apply Quicksilver Corrosion Guard
Use when air and can temperature is between 50°F and 80°F and humidity is 60% or less. Avoid spraying in very windy, dusty conditions. Cover surrounding area to protect from spray mist.
- Remove all dirt, wax, grease, saltwater deposits, and other contaminants with a high quality cleaner.
- Rinse with water and allow area to dry.
- Shake can vigorously for one minute after mixing ball begins to rattle. Shake often during use.
- Hold can upright 8-10″ from surface and apply thin, even coats using a steady back and forth motion.
- Note: Keep the can in motion while spraying; release button after each stroke.
- Dries to the touch in 20 minutes, to handle in 1 hour, and fully dry in 24 hours.
- Reapply before storing your boat and every week if boating in salt water areas.
When finished spraying, clear spray valve by turning can upside down and pushing spray button until clear gas comes out. Clean up wet paint with mineral spirits. Dispose of empty can in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations.