The INOX MX4 Lanox Lanolin Lubricant is a Lanolin based anti-corrosion, anti-moisture lubricant – designed for a more heavy duty application than the original INOX. LANOX Is created with Lanolin, a natural wax found in animal wool, especially the wool from sheep, commonly referred as ‘WOOL FAT’ or ‘WOOL GREASE’.
LANOX MX4 has ideal applications in the Marine industry. It’s designed to stop electrolysis between different metals and prevent oxidation and rust from forming on the surface. The lanolin base helps prolong the protection between applications, as it’s a natural anti-corrosion compound that’s not soluble in water and leaves a protective film behind.
When to use LANOX over INOX
LANOX is best used for long term storages purposes, ideal for certain marine applications such as Anchors, Chains & Shackle Bolts and in the protection of Outboard & Inboard Motors. LANOX is a good anti-corrosion agent for bare metals in storage, stock crates or as a protectant after welding. LANOX is also a good long term lubricant for areas that traditionally receive little maintenance attention (ie. gate hinges, stationary motors, etc).
MX4 Lubricant Applications and Uses
- Anchors, chains and shackle bolts – for protection against corrosion and helps reduce fouling
- Jet skis and outboards – Protects outboards, clamps, props and jet skis from salt water corrosion, will not harm or harden rubber fittings – Keeps control and steering cables and linkages in good working order, lubricated and corrosion free.
- Moorings and slips – Stops electrolysis – Keeps winches, cables, slip cradles and wheel bushes lubricated & corrosion free – protection for all electricals from moisture & corrosion.
- Protection – Protects all painted and bare metal surfaces in the open from moisture and corrosion – Protects all timber surfaces for water and dry rot ( may slightly darken bare timber but it will not harm it) – Waterproofs and protects leather harness’s, boots, etc. Protects Firearms, barrels, etc in long term storage, will not harm stocks or metal finishes.
- Trailers – Boat, box & car trailers and horse floats, spray on chassis, springs, axles, hinges, couplings, winches, cables. light fittings and electricals for protection from sea air and salt water corrosion.
- Thread and anti-seize – Spray on all metal threads before joining, stops threads from corroding together, makes it easier to undo all joints, nuts, bolts and screws at a later date.
- Heavy-duty anti-moisture, anti-corrosion lubricant made with a high grade lubricating oil and lanolin base with specialised chemical compounds
- No silicon, kerosene, acids or dieselene
- Harmless to metal points and surfaces, plastics, painted and enamel finishes, fibreglass, formica, rubber or neoprene seals
- Doesn’t become sticky, gooey or gum up
- Non-conductive, non-static and non-corrosive
- Neutral properties, low flammability (NON-AEROSOL)
- Doesn’t dry out or wash off with water
- Size: Aerosol Can 300g