Increase casting distance without the painful cuts and blisters by using the Okuma Cast Cannon Surf Fishing Casting Trigger instead of your finger. The line is held in place with the casting trigger so that your finger does not come into contact with the fishing line anymore, completely eliminating damage to the index finger during the cast. At the same time, this also allows you to cast a few extra yards. Perfect for fixed spool users.
To use, simply tape or zip tie (not included) the casting trigger to the butt of your rod in a comfortable position above or behind the spool. Make sure there is space between trigger and bale arm. You can lock the line in place by wrapping your mainline around the casting trigger nub 2 or 3 turns. Pull the casting trigger with your finger to hold pressure and open your bale. Let go of the trigger to cast and see the extra distance come off your spool.
Okuma Cast Cannon Surf Fishing Casting Trigger Features:
- Eliminates damage to the index finger during the cast
- Very helpful in the winter season when your finger is cold and you need to cast maximum distance
- Fine polished stainless steel wire reduces damaging your line and minimises the risk of breaking
- Material: nylon and stainless steel
- Used for: all surf fishing
- Colour: Black