In today’s throwaway world of mass-produced short-life uniformity, the Svord Standard Stainless Fish Fillet Knife is a cut above the rest. This knife is 100% hand-crafted in the manner of the world’s most famous knives – the bowie, the Arkansas ‘Toothpick’ – and made from the finest steel with the best edge. The blade is individually hardened and tempered using a unique heat treatment process. Afterwards, it is hand ground with a water cooled stone to produce a convex razor edge. It’s a classic knife that lasts a lifetime!
Svord Stainless Fish Fillet Knife Specifications:
- Model number: 950s/s
- Blade material: Grade 12C27 steel
- Blade length: 9″
- Overall length: 13 3/4″
- Blade shape: Fish Fillet
- Handle material: Wood
- Steel specifications: 15N20
- Sheath: Leather
- Never wash this knife in a dishwasher.
- Never leave this knife wet or in water at any time or the knife will tarnish.
- Always cut on a chopping board and not directly on a stainless steel bench top.
- To wash your knife, run it under boiling hot water as this imparts a blue-ish tinge to the steel.
- To sharpen your knife we recommend abrasive sharpeners such as a diamond steel or a stone, traditional oil stone, India stone or Arkansas stone – never use a Butcher’s steel as it is designed to align the edge on soft steel knives.
- Store your knife in a knife block or in a drawer separate from other cutlery to avoid it being damaged.
- Some of the knives have rare exotic woods as handles – occasionally you should polish with furniture oil or boiled linseed oil.
- If your knife tarnishes use a green scotchbrite ( Artificial plastic steel wool ) pad to clean